Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to frequently asked questions about Echo Arena Liverpool, EchoTwo and The Auditorium Liverpool.
If the FAQ's do not address your question, please feel free to contact Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q. How do I book a ticket?
There are several ways to book tickets for events at Echo Arena Liverpool, EchoTwo and The Auditorium Liverpool.
Telephone: 0844 8000 400* (9am - 9pm Monday to Saturday, 10am - 5pm Sunday)
Online: Via the Echo Arena Liverpool website.
In Person: Visit our TicketQuarter Box Office in Queen Square, Liverpool L1 1RG.
Smartphone apps are available for iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Windows phones. Simply search "Echo Arena" in your app store.
* Calls cost 5p per minute from a BT landline. Call charges may vary from other providers - please consult your telephone provider for further details.
- Q. When is the on-site Box Office open?
On event days Box Office opens at midday and will remain open until the main act is on stage. Similarly, on event nights the office stays open until the main attraction is on stage.
Tickets for Echo Arena Liverpool events can also be purchased in person from our TicketQuarter Box Office inside Queen Square Travel Centre, Liverpool, L1 1RG - see the map here.
Opening times: Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm and Sunday and Bank Holidays 10am-5pm. Box Office can be contacted on 0844 8000 400 and is open 9am–9pm Monday- Saturday and 10am - 5pm on Sunday.
- Q. When I call 0844 8000 400 it says my call may be recorded, why is this?
- To continually review and improve our service we may record calls for monitoring or training purposes.
- Q. Which are the best seats?
This is a matter of personal preference and changes from event to event. Please be aware that floor seats are on one level accessed via stairs. These seats may be unsuitable for small children or anyone who has difficulty managing stairs.
- Q. Is there an age restriction for standing concerts?
Children under the age of 14 are not permitted onto the floor for standing concerts and are only allowed into the venue with an accompanying adult in tiered seating. Certain concerts or events may be unsuitable for children under the age of 14. Please check with Box Office on 0844 8000 400.
- Q. Are there any concessionary rate tickets?
The event promoter sets ticket prices and in most instances concessions are unavailable. If, however, you are able to purchase concessionary tickets you will be asked to provide evidence you are entitled to purchase these tickets. Any concessions available will be shown on our website.
- Q. Why is a booking fee charged?
A booking fee is added to tickets to cover the cost of providing a Box Office service. Fees cover the provision of a contact centre and the investment required to provide ticketing software, call centre technology and online ticketing provision.
- Q. When will I receive my tickets? What if they haven't arrived?
You should receive your tickets approximately two weeks prior to the event unless your booking was made closer to the event date. However, if you haven’t received your tickets at least five days before the event please contact the Box Office on 0844 8000 400. Souvenir tickets may on some occasions be issued closer to the date of the event.
- Q. How do I collect tickets from the Box Office?
Tickets will be available for collection on the day of the event or 48 hours after booking from our TicketQuarter Box Office inside the Queen Square Travel Centre, Liverpool L1 1RH. When collecting tickets you will need to take the credit or debit card used to purchase the tickets. The credit card holder must sign for the tickets so they have to be present. These measures are taken to protect the customer and Echo Arena Liverpool from credit card fraud. Box office number: 0844 8000 400.
- Q. What should I do if I've lost my tickets?
The Box Office does not provide duplicate tickets for lost or stolen tickets. To contact staff for further information call 0844 8000 400.
- Q. Can I cancel my tickets?
Once tickets have been purchased they are non-refundable. We cannot offer any kind of refund unless the event is cancelled or is subject to considerable alteration, such as a change of date. Please read the terms and conditions on the back of your ticket for more details. Box Office number 0844 8000 400.
- Q. When should I arrive for the event?
The opening time for each event will be printed on your ticket. We advise customers to arrive as close to the time of opening as they can, to ensure that everyone is seated on time and the show can begin with minimum disruption for others. Unfortunately, we cannot delay the performance time should customers arrive late. Latecomers will only be admitted into the venue during a suitable break in the performance and/or at the discretion of the management.
- Q. Can I post tickets for sale on third party websites?
Tickets are sold for private use and Echo Arena Liverpool monitor their sale and resale. If we have reason to believe tickets are being resold we may invalidate them and refuse entry to the event. Echo Arena Liverpool is a member of STAR (The Society of Ticket Agents & Retailers/Secure Tickets from Authorised Retailers) which identifies reputable ticket outlets. For further details go to www.star.org.uk
- Q. Is it safe to buy tickets over the Internet?
Our Box Office processes your credit card details over a secure internet connection, which makes it completely safe to order tickets online. The connection between your browser and our web server is protected with SSL (Secure Socket Layer), that creates a connection over which financial details can be safely passed between your computer and a transactional website.
Box office number: 0844 8000 400.
- Q. How do I get to the venue?
Public transport - Buses run frequently throughout Liverpool City Centre. Paradise Street Bus Station, Liverpool 1 8LZ is only a five-minute walk from the venue.
By train - From the South - Virgin Rail operate hourly direct services to Liverpool Lime Street (London to Liverpool – approximately two hours).
From the North -Virgin Rail to Wigan North Western, local train to Liverpool Lime Street, James Street and Central Station.
For specific travel information visit www.traveline-northwest.co.uk – 0871 200 2233.
The venue is around a ten-minute walk from James Street Station and approximately fifteen minutes from Central Station, both stations are in the city centre.
By taxi -Taxis are also available with the nearest taxi ranks located on the riverside of the venue.
By plane -The venue lies just over eight miles (13km) from Liverpool John Lennon Airport and takes approximately 25 minutes to reach by taxi. For bus and train services from and to the airport go to the Merseytravel website at www.merseytravel.gov.uk – 0151-236-7676.
Manchester Airport is approximately 37 miles (60km) from the venue and takes around 45 – 60 minutes to reach by road.
By car - From the North take the M6 to junction 26 and follow sign for the M58 Liverpool. Follow to the end of the M58 and begin following signs for A59 Liverpool. Continue along the A59 City Centre before picking up signs for the Albert Dock. Proceed along the road keeping Albert Dock on your right until you see signs directing you to the multi-storey Liverpool Waterfront car park.
From the South - take the M6 to junction 21a before picking up M62 to Liverpool. Follow signs for City Centre, until you see signs for the Albert Dock. Carry on keeping the Albert Dock on your right and look out for signs directing you to the multi-storey Liverpool Waterfront car park. For Sat Nav use the postcode L3 4BX.
- Q. Is there a drop off/pick up point?
The drop off/pick up point is on Monarchs Quay, adjacent to the venue. A taxi rank is located on the riverside of the venue. View the map to find the drop off/pick up point.
- Q. Where can I park?
You can park at the 1,600 space on-site Liverpool Waterfront Car Park which lies directly adjacent to the venue. There are 70+ disabled spaces in the multi-storey car park on each level. Prices for the Liverpool Waterfront car park are as follows, but on event days prices may vary.
£2 for up to 1 hour
£4 for up to 2 hours
£6 for up to 5 hours
£9 for up to 9 hours
£12 for up to 24 hours
Echo Arena parking - £6.00 only for entertainment and sporting events - On event days parking is a £6 flat rate for unlimited parking - only valid for entertainment and sporting events. Payment must be made at the ticket station after 6pm to claim the discounted parking rate. Alternative, nearby car parks are shown on this map.
- Q. Is there somewhere to park my bicycle?
- Bike stands are located on the riverside of the venue at ground level, as well as the Liverpool Waterfront Car Park. These bays are for push-bikes only and not motorcycles.
- Q. Can I take food or drinks into the arena?
No food or drink items are to be taken into the venue. Only food and drink items purchased on the premises are to be consumed in the venue.
- Q. Can I buy alcohol on site?
Alcohol is available for sale to anyone aged 18 and over - identification may be required. The venue supports the Challenge 25 scheme that encourages anyone who is aged 18 and over but looks under 25 to produce identification when buying alcohol. The scheme is run by the Retail of Alcohol Standards Group, which represents alcohol retailers.
- Q: Can I pay by card in the public catering outlets?
- Echo Arena Liverpool welcomes debit/credit card and contactless payments at all Mersey Eats/Mersey Drinks kiosks. Unfortunately, mobile catering units can only accept cash payments.
- Q: Where is the nearest cash machine?
- A Barclays cash machine is situated in the concourse area of the venue and the Galleria and does not charge for withdrawals.
- Q. Can you provide any information on local restaurants?
- Q. Do you have any recommended hotels?
- We have two hotels on site, Jurys Inn and Staybridge Suites, which both offer high a standard of accommodation. Alternative hotels around Liverpool can be found at www.visitliverpool.com and via our directory.
- Q. Is smoking permitted in the venue?
- From 1st July 2007, smoking has been banned in all enclosed public spaces. Anyone found smoking anywhere within the venue will be requested to leave without refund.
- Q. Can I use electronic cigarettes?
The use of electronic cigarettes is strictly prohibited.
- Q. Can I bring a camera or other recording device into the venue?
If you are planning to attend an event and would like to bring a camera with you we advise contacting the Box Office to ascertain what the camera policy will be for the show. In most instances the promoter will allow small fixed lens cameras set in still image mode.
Professional-type cameras fitted with a detachable zoom lens and/or tripod will not be permitted into the venue, with the exception of officially accredited photographers covering the event. Continual recording of any description is not permitted. Echo Arena Liverpool does not permit streaming, video or audio recording equipment at any time.
- Q. What facilities do you have for the disabled?
We have dedicated seating bays at the venue for disabled customers and their carers. Bays provide excellent views of the arena stage with no steps to climb to access them. Please be aware that floor seating is at a lower level and will require the use of steps. An induction loop is available in specific seating areas. Guide dogs can be accommodated in the bays.
Echo Arena Liverpool aims to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all its customers attending any event at our venue. Please call our Box Office team on 0844 8000 400 to discuss your specific access requirements.
- Q. Are pushchairs allowed into the arena?
Pushchairs can be left in designated buggy parks where you will be given a numbered ticket to retrieve your pushchair at the end of the show.
- Q. Is there an age restriction for unaccompanied children?
Children under the age of 14 are not permitted onto the floor for standing concerts. Children under the age of 14 are only permitted into the venue with an accompanying adult. Everyone attending an event, including babies, must have a ticket. Certain concerts or events may not be suitable for children. Please check with our Box Office on 0844 8000 400.
- Q. Which entrance do I use?
Echo Arena Liverpool has three key points of entry; the Cityside main entrances, Riverside main entrances, and Floor entrances. Please refer to your ticket for the recommended point of entry. It should also be noted that queue placement may not be determined until shortly before doors open. We therefore cannot guarantee accuracy in queue allocation prior to doors opening. For Auditorium events customers should enter the building on the CitySide via the Galleria.
- Q. Can I bring banners/posters/flags (BPF) into an event?
Echo Arena Liverpool discourages people from bringing BPFs to events. We may on occasion permit A4 sized posters providing they do not contain any offensive content as deemed by Echo Arena Liverpool. However, we reserve the right to confiscate these items should we, or fellow audience members, find them disruptive to the enjoyment of the event.
For health and safety reasons BPFs with poles or strengthening enhancements will be confiscated. If you are unsure whether your banner or flag will be acceptable then please do not bring it to the venue.
Please note: Echo Arena Liverpool can take no responsibility for any loss or damage to property of this nature brought on-site and strongly recommends customers familiarise themselves with Ticket Conditions of Sale displayed on the reverse of all tickets before attending an event.
- Q. Are there any items I'm not allowed to bring into the venue?
The following list of items are not permitted into the venue at any time. Please note this list is not exhaustive and additional items may be prohibited on an event by event basis.
· Video or Audio Recording Equipment
· Professional Cameras (detachable lenses)
· Folding Chairs
· Food and Drink
· Glass/Plastic/Metal Bottles or Containers
· Air Horns
· Helium Balloons
· Flags, Flag Sticks, Signs / Banners
· Illegal Drugs
· Knives, Firearms, or any other Weapon
· Stink Bombs
· CD Roms
· Chains and Spiked / Studded Bracelets or Belts
· Laser Pens
· Crash Helmets
- Q. Will there be any pyrotechnics, lasers or strobes at the event I will be attending?
Some shows include some form of flashing lighting or strobes or other types of special effects. Signage is displayed around the concourse to advise people if pyrotechnics, lasers or strobes will be in use. Please contact Customer Services at email@example.com for details of any special effects expected at the event you are attending.
- Q. Is official merchandise available for purchase?
On occasion, the promoter of the event may choose to sell official merchandise inside the venue only. Please note the tour promoter is responsible for this service, not the venue. Please contact our Box Office on the day of the event to find whether merchandise will be made available.
- Q. Do you have a newsletter I can sign up to?
Please fill in your details to join our mailing list - click here to sign up.
- Q. What events are lined up for the coming year?
Any events which we can release information on will be shown on our website in the What's On section. Unfortunately we cannot give details of all up and coming events due to our confidentially agreement with the promoters.
- Q. How can I find out about corporate hospitality opportunities including buying a VIP Box?
Please contact our arena team on 0151 703 7217 for further details about corporate hospitality at the arena.
- Q. What do I do if I have a complaint?
- Please note, if a customer experiences any problems with seating or enjoyment prior to or during the event they must inform the nearest member of staff immediately as issues cannot always be resolved after the event. We aim to offer the best service available to everyone who uses the venue. If, however, you do have a complaint, please contact our team on 0151 703 7218 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Food and Drink
Use of electronic devices
Babies and young children
Echo Arena Liverpool may on occasion be required to search bags and individuals prior to entering the venue. Searches will be conducted by SIA registered security.
Echo Arena Liverpool holds the health and safety of its customers very seriously. With this in mind staff reserve the right to refuse entry to customers whose attire may impact upon the enjoyment of the show or safety of audience members.
Football shirts are not permitted at certain events and customers will be asked to remove them before entering the venue.
Please also note that masks of any description are strictly prohibited from the venue unless express written consent is provided by Echo Arena Liverpool.